Singleton Rail Track Reconditioning
Track formation reconditioning was required on the Up Main North for 150m, near Singleton within the Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) Hunter Valley Rail Corridor.
Scope of work:
- 150m track formation reconditioning
- Removal of the existing formation to the nominated design depth and width
- Replacement with new formation, capping, ballast
- Local drainage improvements
- 300m shoulder ballast replacement on adjacent section of track
Highlights and challenges:
As with most rail projects, timing was critical for a successfully completed project. Despite the tight turnaround required, all earthworks were completed within the required 36-hour timeframe.