Maitland Athletics Track
The Maitland Regional Athletics Centre is now a state of the art facility part of the Maitland Regional Sports Complex located next to No.1 Sportsground in Central Maitland.
Scope of work:
- Clearing and demolition of existing structure/roads/grandstands and skate parks
- 40,000 sq.m of topsoil strip
- 9,500 cu.m of bulk earthworks
- 7,500 sq.m of roadworks including upgrade works and carpark works
- Stormwater in carparks and athletics field drainage
- Installation of services for building and track facilities
- 10,000 sq.m of earthworks preparation for the athletics track and synthetic grass
- 145 sq.m of retaining walls
Highlights and challenges:
- Installation of Trunk Drainage line through existing sporting fields through old landfill including treatment of contaminants and dewatering
- Construction of “Pre Load Stockpile” over route of old Hunter River, including monitoring for settlement over 11 months for consolidation.
- Civil works for athletics ground including running track, building and grandstand foundation and 2 carparks.
- Construction of new main access intersection from High St into the Maitland Sporting Complex
- Preservation of historical artifacts with archaeological consultation on heritage stone pavement uncovered during construction.